Friday, December 7, 2012

28 weeks and a visit to the hospital....

Ahhh I know I'm getting behind on my weeks here, but 2 days ago I turned 28 weeks!  The husband has been out of town so tonight we will have to take my lovely pregnant glamour shot :)

Baby Adrian right now is just putting on fat and her lungs are mature enough that she could survive out in the world, but we do NOT want to meet her right now, I can wait 10 more weeks when everything is good and ready.

Wednesday day I had a little scare for myself.  All day I was feeling pains on my right side, kind of like when you run too much and get a cramp.  Well the pain would come and go and all day I just kept putting it aside thinking it would just go away.  Well around 5:00 I was on the phone with my husband, and after talking with him, I made the decision to just call the office and talk to the Doctor on call.  After explaining to the doctor how I was feeling she said she needed to check me out at the hospital and that she would be waiting for me in labor and delivery. AHHHHH  I immediately starting crying.

let me back track though... for some reason the hormones had been getting to me this day and I cried on the phone earlier that day with my husband and was pissed about him being out of town, how we didn't have any money ( we are busy saving saving saving so I can have the full 3 months off), and how I couldn't decide on what to eat for dinner later.  For some reason I was just in a sad, pissed off mood.  So when the doctor told me I needed to come to the hospital now, while my husband was over 500 miles away, I just lost it...

So now it is 5:00 and rush hour traffic has begun.  Also you have to go through a toll to get to the hospital where I chose to deliver--- that's a whole other thing on its own.... lets just say I pass 2 hospitals on my way to the one I chose---well I can't find 50 cents to get through the toll.  So now I decide I will just take back roads.  An hour later (to go 10 miles) I get to the hospital.  I had no idea where to go because the procrastinator I am has not done my hospital tour nor birthing classes.  The whole time I am fighting back tears because I just wish my husband was with me to do all the stress work.  

Luckily, I have the BEST sister in law a girl could ask for (and she works at the hospital) so she finds me, leads me to the right place and helps me get all signed in. wheeww!  

Well after getting set up on monitors, baby's heart beat is great, no contractions, blood drawn, and waiting for results 3 hours later... I am discharged with nothing wrong with me.  They said if the pain comes back to call and they will have to run more tests and check out my gallbladder.    

Although I was in the hospital because of pain, I really did have a good time laughing and talking about life with a great sister!  She made me settled and at ease since the hubs couldn't be there.  She also did a great job reporting to the paparazzi about my status :)


No comments:

Post a Comment